Tuesday, August 12, 2014

She Can't Find Her (my) Keys!


    Anybody remember Paul Peterson? He was on
the Mickey Mouse Club and gained a lot of fame
for his roll as Jeff Stone on the Donna Reed Show.
    But he also did some singing and that's probably
why he was on my mind over the past two days.
    One of his hit songs was introduced on the TV
show. It was called "She Can't Find Her Keys." It
was a catchy tune about a girl who found everything
from lipstick to the kitchen sink in her purse, but
couldn't find her keys!
     I don't even have a purse! But I found myself in
the same situation on Sunday afternoon.
     Earlier that day I had moved two of our cars
to make room for my daughter to park. I remember,
or thought I remembered, bringing all of my keys
in the house and tossing them onto the kitchen
table. But, on Sunday evening, the keys for our
small sedan were no where to be found!
     My wife initiated a search of the pockets on
my Bermuda shorts which have carrying space
equal to that of many women's purses. But, alas,
no keys.
      Our travels that day had taken us to Lake
Wallenaupack and my friend's boat which is
docked at a local Marina.
       My buddy checked the boat and a call to the
Marina failed to produce any sign of the keys.
       Have you ever lost something knowing, in
the back of your mind, that it's not really "lost"
but, rather, just misplaced? I had that feeling.
       I knew the key wasn't in the car it
operated and my wife, usually as keen as a
Blood Hound in these cases, hadn't found it
in the car we drove that day or anywhere in the
house where I usually lose items.
        She did find my grandson's I-Pod, an old
lottery ticket, and a catalog for Diamond rings
(Obviously left behind by the car's previous
owner!).
        That left my little Miata, the other car I
had moved. Even though we had been in it most
of Sunday I decided to take one more look.
       And there it was, neatly tucked behind the
driver's seat, the center console and a water bottle!
         Who would have believed the misplacement
of a key would have lead to such a religious exercise?"
"Seek and ye shall find!"
          Hope there's no sink in your purse and that
all your NEWS is good!




    
        

No comments:

Post a Comment