Monday, August 11, 2014

Some Disassembly Required!


  My son was in position to acquire a leather
couch, a new dishwasher, and a new oven
yesterday. All he had to do was pick them up
and bring them home.
   So, armed with a tool chest, a borrowed
SUV, a brother-in-law, and nephew, he set
out to gather the loot.
   They tackled the sofa first. They were like
three Linemen going after the Quarterback.
Then they found out the Quarterback was the
Hulk!
    Their first attempts to get it into his
basement could be compared with trying
to get an Elephant into a telephone booth!
    In fact the sofa would never have seen the
basement if my son hadn't decided to
disassemble the unit, take it downstairs
piece by piece, then rebuild it!
     Their next target was the oven.
     No size problems here. They could
certainly get in on the hand truck and lift
it into their waiting vehicle. IF, that is, they
had the proper wrench to disconnect the gas
line!
     Since it was left at the other house I
suggested they take the dish washer out first
while I went back for the wrench.
     When I stopped in to pick it up I was
informed the boys would also need a mop,
a bucket, and some rags. All signs that had
removed the dish washer!
       With wrench, mop, bucket, and rags in
hand I headed back to the project area where
I found the washer gone and a small lake on
the floor!
       Seems the water line connection was
hand connected rather than screwed in place.
       After cleaning the floor, a bonus for the
house, my son and son-in-law removed the
oven and carted them away.
       Next job, of course, will be reinstalling
the appliances in their new home. I hope I'm
around to watch! I'm always looking for new
material for my Blog!
       Hope my son is resting on hi sofa and that
all your NEWS is good!





       

No comments:

Post a Comment