Thursday, September 25, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?


   I saw it coming. Well, some of it anyway.
   We were headed to the movies the other
day when my wife looked at the grass and
said..."Looks like a little yard work is
needed."
    In most cases that would mean I'd
soon be running the mower over our patches
of grass within 24 hours.
    But her idea of a "little yard work" is a bit
like saying the Golden Gate Bridge needs a
coat of paint!
    Usually I have to be concerned about
mowing my way around all sorts of plants
and flowers I can't even pronounce.
     But yesterday was different!
     I was told we were "cutting things back"
and that meant clearing all those purple
flowers that formed a perimeter around our
yard. Of course the base of those flowers
was as hard as a small tree stump, challenging
both the lawn mower and the lawn mower
operator....me!
     It was like a day in those old cotton fields
"back home."
     I gave out by Noon. My wife put another
five hours into the effort. It had something to
so with her knowing what had to be done and
how to do it.
      I'm just afraid those flower stumps will
produce more of those purple things next
Spring and the whole thing will start all over
again.
     Hope I didn't cut anything I wasn't
suppose to....and that all your NEWS is
good.


      






No comments:

Post a Comment