Friday, September 26, 2014

My Favorite Fall Foliage!


   All eyes are on the trees around here these
days! The colors of Autumn are beginning
to show up and both locals and tourists will
be taking them in as long as they last.
   I'm in a similar position.
   I started looking for color on my favorite
tree a few weeks ago and I'm happy to report
I found It. It's green. And it's right across the
street!
   I suppose some might ask what's so special
about green. It would be a fair question.
   My answer lies in the fact I'm not looking
at leaves. I'm looking a Pears!
    Several years ago our neighbor planted
what he thought was a shade tree in his back
yard. What he got was a Pear tree.
    It might provide some shade. It certainly
provides a lot of pears! They're usually
about ready for harvest about the time all
the other trees are turning red and orange.
    It's especially nice since our neighbor
doesn't like pears! I do! He told me I was
welcome to them. So I pick them. Two
pair at a time. (That's 4 pears).
    The tree is producing so much fruit that
some of the pears fall to the ground before
we can get to them.
     Then there are the biggest ones. They
always seem to be near the top of the tree.
I'd shake the branches. But I'm not sure I
could handle the fallout!
      I can't wait to see what the guy next
store plants next.
     Hope it produces more than shade..and
that all your NEWS is good!





to  
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment