Saturday, November 8, 2014

BED REST!


      As I reported a few days ago I've been
under the weather a bit this week. It seems
like a seasonal thing with me. Whenever
the seasons change, especially, from warm
to cold, I wind up with a sore throat and
sinus problems. I'm a sort of human
equivalent to the Ground Hog.
     Any way I got some medicine early on
and determined that I probably should get
some bed rest.
     What an experience!
      If people knew they were going to get
sick I'd advise them to get into bed as
quickly as possible!
      You can get breakfast in bed and you
get to watch TV all day!
      They are all kinds of shows you don't
usually get to see when you're at home
during the day. But, more importantly, there
are all kinds of commercials.
       I'd say that one out of every three or
four commercials were for medicines or
Health care services that cure everything you
can think of and a whole lot you probably
never knew existed! If I knew this in advance
I would have ordered a lot of these things!
      Most of the commercials are about a
minute long. For the first 20 seconds they
tell you the name of the medicine and
what it's suppose to do. That's all you really
need to hear. The last 40 seconds are just
wasted talking about silly things like side
effects from bruising to eye problems, and,
death. But that's only rarely.....they say.
      Anyway I've been relaxing while
trying to get all better and enjoying my
meals in bed.
      I only got up to eat once and, ironically,
it saved my life!
      I had sausage and rigatoni and spilled
the sauce all over my T shirt. Had that
happen in bed there's little doubt my wife
would have killed me!
      Hope I'm all better soon and that all
your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment