Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Election Disappointment!

        WEDNESDAY, NOV 5TH


  I was very disappointed with yesterday's
General Election!
  I'm not talking about winners or losers.
  It's been getting worse every election.
  Yesterday there was no one at my
polling place handing out cards for any
candidate.
   I'm not very fond of those cards anyway.
But at least you could use the back of them
to write notes or a grocery list.
   In the "old days" a voter could usually
count on coming back home with a comb,
or a pen, maybe even a plastic key chain!
   Being in the media for over 50 years I
understand the importance of Political
advertising. But couldn't the two Toms
have spent a little less on radio and
television and used some of the campaign
resources for a few of those paper fans
like you used to get at the Funeral homes?
    Or how about a handy Emery Board?
    I'll bet I still have something with Dan
Flood's name on it hidden away in the
bottom of a drawer somewhere.
    So here's a tip to the new breed of
potential office holders who'll be
coming along. Billboards come and go.
But people can always use a comb or a
pen!
    Hope you'll write that down on the
back of a candidate's campaign card....
and hope all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment