Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Last Inning!


   Baseball season came to a close last night!
   I know. I know. Some of you thought it
ended when San Francisco won the World
Series.
   Actually it ended last night in the last
inning when Joe Hardy caught a long fly ball
hit by Mickey Mantle in the auditorium of Holy
Redeemer High School in Wilkes-Barre.
    Although I am and have always been a
loyal fan of the New York Yankees, not to
mention a fan of "The Mick", I have always
loved the musical play Damn Yankees.
     It was amazing to see a group of High
School students take on this production.
     It's a good bet that few if any of them
ever heard of the Washington Senators
except for the senators they came across
in Civics Class. And those senators don't
play baseball.
     And Mickey has been gone since before
these kids were born. Bet they'd love to
have his Rookie card though!
      The music from this play has stood the
test of time and the team, that is the cast,
that presented it last night are all winners!
       Their play was unquestionably a big
hit! Good singers. Good actors!
       I loved every minute although, I must
admit, I kept hoping Mickey's hit would
have dropped in.
      Oh well, at least the kids hit this one
out of the park!
      Hope you support local theater, and
that all your NEWS is good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment