Monday, November 10, 2014

PAROLE!


   Free at last, free at last!
   Much of last week was spent resting
in bed trying to shake the sore throat
and congestion that invaded my body
a week ago today!
   Yesterday, however, I was paroled.
   Though not completely better I
managed to get myself up so my wife
and I could drive to church.
    It looks like there have been a few
changes since last week's service!
    There's still some color in the
leaves, actually a lot more than in
my face! But now it's more of a rusty
brown and orange rather than a bright
yellow and red. The leaves that is.
     After a stop for lunch we stopped
at my daughter's house for awhile.
     My grandson wanted to show us
his Geico. I kind of wondered why an
11-year-old needed a new insurance
policy. But, as it turns out, he was
talking about a Gecko. A sort of
miniature dinosaur that now shares
his bedroom.
      After returning home I found
the afternoon sun, shining through
our plastic screens, had turned our
front porch into a comfortable
sauna where we could sit awhile and
just take it easy.
       Unfortunately by 4 o'clock the
sun was already setting in the west
and it's rays were too low to reach
the porch anymore.
       So I, along with my parole
officer, went back in the house
to see if there was anything on our
100 plus channels worth watching.
       I expect, with good behavior,
I'll get out again a bit this week, even
if it is only for "work release."
       Hope I can catch a few more
"rays" and that all your NEWS is
good.   




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you were under the weather. Now from just where did that expression originate? Maybe that material for another blog post.

    ReplyDelete