Sunday, November 23, 2014

Where's Wonka?


   Somehow, we snuck into the Candy
Factory without a Golden Ticket!
   Of course a couple thousand other
people got in too! Maybe Security
was on break! Probably eating
chocolate!
    We were all looking forward to
doing that!
    Every other year the Willy Wonka
of northeastern Pennsylvania, David
Hawk, opens his factory to the general
public to show how Gertrude Hawk
candies are made and packaged.
   Every so often along the tour route
his Oompa Loompa's....I mean his
employees, whose work stations are
decorated with some sort of theme,
hand out samples of the popular
chocolate products!
    I've gone through before and always
enjoyed the treats! But this time I was
worried!
   Regulations require all visitors to
wear hair nets in a factory where food
products are manufactured. I expected
that.
   What I didn't expect was the secondary
net that was required because of my
moustache! When I put it in place I
realized it also covered my mouth!
    You can't eat Smidgen's through a
net! Or chocolate covered raisins! Or
chocolate peanut butter treats!
    My grandson suggested I could
pull the elastic band just enough to
get some candy in! Kids know their
candy...and how to get it! The plan
worked and I was able to nibble
just enough to neutralize the calories
I burned walking through the factory!
    Hope I saved a couple pieces to
snack on today...and that all your
NEWS is good!



    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment