Friday, November 28, 2014

You Can Go Home Again!


     Years back my wife, children, and I
often joined my brother's wife and family
at their home on Thanksgiving.
     I lost my brother 9 years ago and a few
years later my sister-in-law moved and
put the house on the market. It's been
empty for awhile but, earlier this year, it
was sold........to my daughter and her
husband!
     And so, yesterday, our family once
again shared Thanksgiving dinner in the
dining room where we used to gather!
     Everybody pitched in to make the
dinner a success. My 13-year-old grand
daughter even did some of the baking!
     Somebody, however, must have
miscounted! It looked as if we had
enough food to feed the 109th
Field Artillery unit!
     My plate was totally filled by the
time the serving plate of ham reached
my position! Figuring they were from
the same food family I simply placed
mine on top of my kielbasa!
      I assume the turkey tryptophan must
have kicked in by the time the deserts
became available because I don't exactly
remember what I had....or.....what, if
anything, I missed.
      Three family members were unable
to join us this year. While we missed
them their absence does not account
for the vast quantity of food packed into
take home containers that are likely to
sustain us for another two days.
      My brother would be pleased with
the gathering! Hope you had a great
Thanksgiving with family and friends
and that all your NEWS is good!




 












No comments:

Post a Comment