Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sick Days!


      THURSDAY, NOV 6TH

  I had to make a telephone call yesterday
that took me back a few years.
  I had volunteered to co-host a two hour
time slot for Christian Radio station WRGN
as it hold its annual fund raising "Share-A-
Thon.
  On Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat,
sneezes, and a bit of a cough. We called the
doctor right away in the hope that getting
medication quickly would knock the bug
right out.
   Yesterday, however, it was painfully
(literally) clear this bug was intent on
going another round or two.
   So, in the morning, I found myself
"calling in sick."
    You don't get Sick Days when you're
"retired." In theory you're not suppose to
need them. But between my volunteer work
on Electric City Television, occasional
tour hosting, and speaking engagements
now and then, I've still got a pretty full
schedule.
    I felt bad about pulling out of the
radio fund raiser. Kind of like a little
kid telling his Mom he didn't feel good
and didn't want to go to school.
    Of course when I told my Mom I
was too sick to go to school I was always
on Death's doorstep! It's amazing I've
survived so long!
    When I was still working
I got paid Sick Days when I had to call
off.
    When you're a volunteer you get just
as much for not showing up as you do
for coming in. Nothing!
     So, I'll take the "loss" and my
medicine and hope to feel better
tomorrow.
      Hope the Cascade tissues last and that
all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment