Monday, June 1, 2015

A Lot Of Lasts.

         TUESDAY, JUNE 2nd.

           A LOT OF LASTS!

  I lugged two of my video cameras into
the Coughlin High School auditorium
last night. It's been a ritual for many
years as I photographed my grand
daughter and grandson in concerts
presented by the Bear Creek Community
Charter School.
   My grandson moved to a different
school this year. But my grand daughter
wanted to finish the eight years she's
attended there.
    Last night marked her last concert.
She'll graduate next week. It will be
the last class graduating from what
was, at one time, the Bear Creek Elementary
School.
    The Charter School is also constructing
its own new building. So, in the future, it
will be able to hold concerts in its own
facility.
    That's just as well because there's a
pretty good chance Coughlin High School
is on its last legs! The Wilkes-Barre
District is considering various options to
replace two of its aging schools and
Coughlin is one of them.
    Considering all those factors it's likely
the last time I'll have to try to fit my sore
knees and long legs into the front row of
the Coughlin balcony to video tape one
of these performances.
    It's been a great vantage point. I've
been able to watch the growth of both
the kids and the number of  people
playing games and texting on Smart
Phones before each show!
    Hope the memories.... last....and
that all your NEWS is good!







   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment