Friday, June 12, 2015

Graduation Daze!

     SATURDAY, JUNE 13TH

      GRADUATION DAZE

     I'll remember always, Graduation
Daze! I know it's suppose to be "days."
But they've left me in a "daze!"
     Last night my grand daughter
graduated from the 8th grade at the
Bear Creek Community Charter School.
     She was honored for her academic
work, her musical efforts, and , in a
special award, for her tremendous
reading accomplishments!
      About a week ago another
grand daughter graduated from Pre
School. She'll move up to Kindergarten
next semester.
      About a week before that the third
grand daughter graduated as valedictorian
of her 8th grade class at Wilkes-Barre
Academy.
     That's three graduations since the
end of May. And all of these kids are
still in school!
     Two of them are still looking ahead
to High School and College graduations.
Our Kindergarten recruit could be
facing two or three more before High
School.
     Back in my day I had one graduation.
That was from High School. And, in
retrospect, I was probably lucky to be
included. I didn't get any awards. I
suppose I could have been nominated
for the  "Also Attending Was ...Award."
But they didn't have any of those.
     There was no College graduation.
I didn't go. But I did teach in two of
them! So there!
      My wife was a straight A student
so, I suppose, the grand daughters are
taking after her! Good for them!
      And good for you Kara, our
latest graduate! You, like your two
cousins have made us very proud!
      I'm proud to claim part of your
success by admitting I couldn't help
with that homework!
      Hope you appreciate my
"contribution" and that all your NEWS
is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment