Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Old Soft Shoe!

       MONDAY, JUNE 8TH

      THE OLD SOFT SHOE!

     I'm old enough to remember the
last days of vaudeville. The man
with straw hat and cane doing a
little soft shoe (tap dance) on stage
to some pleasant tune.
     I also recall, probably in
Elementary School music, joining
my classmates in a verse or two of
"Hand Me Down, My Walking
Cane."
     I never expected I'd need one,
either for tap dance or walking,
but I found one extremely handy
as I made my way around on
Sunday!
     For the third time since visiting
Ireland last year I've come down
with some sort of inflammation in
my foot! The pain radiates throughout
the foot making everything from
walking, standing, to sleeping quite
a challenge.
     My wife produced a cane, once
used by her father, to help me along
through the weekend till I can see
the doctor and beg for another
cortisone shot.
     It did help. Admittedly I was
tempted to break into dance on
one or two occasions. But, since
most steps produced pain, I decided
sitting down might be a better idea!
    Perhaps, after healing, I'll
consider some of that old soft shoe!
Maybe I can bring back vaudeville!
    Hope I get that chance SOON...and
that all your NEWS is good!



I

No comments:

Post a Comment