Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Too Many Cooks?

       THURSDAY, JUNE 11TH

         TOO MANY COOKS?

   There's an old saying. "Too many
cooks spoil the broth."
   My wife is the only cook in our
kitchen. But, yesterday, I decided
she should have a day off.
   While she sat on the front porch
reading I set out to fetch the evening
meal.
   I decided to give the new 5 Guys
Burgers and Fries a try.
   The place only opened a few weeks
ago. But everybody seems to have
found it because there was no
shortage of customers.
    There was also no shortage of
"cooks" in the kitchen there. Not
as many as the stock photo
provided by the company. But at
least 8 behind the counter every
time I looked! And nobody was
sitting around! These guys and gals
were as busier as the folks on an
auto assembly line. And some of
those burgers looked as big as
hubcaps!
      Even with a good sized crowd
on hand my wait wasn't all that
long and the meal made it worth
the time I spent there.
     I don't know which of the 5, or
8 "guys" filled my order for fries,
but the place passed my acid
test for a good Burger joint. There
seemed to be as many French fries
at the bottom of my bag as there
were in the container actually
holding the French fries order! 
     That way you can eat a hefty
portion on the way home while
the container looks filled!
      Hope we can finish all this
food...and that all your NEWS
is good!  




No comments:

Post a Comment