Saturday, June 13, 2015

Proud As A Peacock!

              SUNDAY, JUNE 14TH
   
          PROUD AS A PEACOCK!

    We're off on the road again! And a special
thanks to Uncle Karl for house sitting again
while we're away.
     Most of my FB friends have never met
Karl. He's one of those unseen faces in the
crowd.
     I on the other hand have been surprised
at how many people recognize me.....when
I'm nowhere near home!
     I recall having a couple come up to me
in a Florida restaurant who remembered me
from my many years at WYOU TV.
    It's even more surprising when people
will recognize me just by my voice. That's
happened a few times on the phone even
when the party on the other end doesn't have
Caller ID.
    It's flattering to be recognized.
    I was both surprised and impressed
yesterday while visiting the Cape May
Park and Zoo.
    I was about 20 yards from the entrance
when a park employee called out my
name. I didn't recognize the gentleman
and wondered how he knew me.
     A Peacock was walking close by and
it occurred to me the bird made him
think of the NBC mascot........ and that
triggered his memory of the stories I
did for Channel 28 while still with the
Nexstar Broadcasting Corporation.
     It was, again, very flattering. Until,
as I looked at him, he said...."Oh, is
your name David too?"
    It's the first time I met a Peacock
named David!
    Hope you won't forget me and that
all your NEWS is good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment