Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Just Hanging Around!

        WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17TH

     "JUST HANGING AROUND!"

  Technology is changing everything! It's
even given new meaning to old phrases.
   "Just hanging around", to guys like me,
meant staying in one place taking it easy.
   "Going for a spin", suggested heading
out in the car.
    "Getting up in the world", meant
succeeding.
    And "Doing the Twist", was all about
knowing how to do the dance by that
name.
    Yesterday several of my grandkids
incorporated all of those phrases as they
boarded the latest piece of technology
generally known as a Rollercoaster.
     I love roller coasters. Wait. Let me
rephrase that. I love watching other
people go on roller coasters.
     But "The Great Nor'easter" is one
of those new fangled steel coasters
apparently designed by some mad
scientist determined to see how loud
humans can scream before they either
lose their lunch or black out!
      I stood under the thing as those
kids Hung around above me, went for
a number of spins, and were twisted
beyond belief! They certainly go up
in the world!
     I have a much greater appreciation
for the simplicity of the Merry Go
Round than ever before! 
     Hope I'm never found on that thing
and that all your NEWS is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment