Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Taking A Dive!

           WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24th

               TAKING A DIVE!

     If a boxer "took a dive" he'd be in
big trouble. I'm no prize fighter. Still
I found myself in trouble for taking a
dive.
     It happened last week during  the
final day of our family vacation in
Wildwood.
     I had a choice. Go to the beach or
enjoy the water in the pool at our
rented apartment. The thought of
cleaning off all that sand after a swim
prompted me to head to the pool.
     The warning "No Diving" was
clearly posted. But there was no
danger of me diving into a swimming
pool. I never mastered the art of
diving into a pool anyway.
     Instead I took advantage of the
steps at the shallow end of the pool
and eased myself into the water.
      I was about waist deep when I
figured it would be better to get wet
as quickly as possible. So while I
didn't dive into the pool...I dove into
the water just in front of me.
       Fortunately my hands, rather
then my head, hit the bottom of the
pool. You would think the bottom
of a swimming pool would be
"rubber-like." It was not. Being a
trained observer I realized there
was some connection between the
pain in my knuckles and the blood
in the water. Good thing this hadn't
happened in the ocean where I might
have attracted sharks!
       Guess it was the shortest swim
I ever had! A little cleaning and a
couple band aids later I was good
to go again.
         Maybe I'll stick to the Hot Tub
next time! Hope I'll be able to play
the piano (even though I never did)
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment