Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Grandpa To The Rescue!

      WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3RD

    GRANDPA TO THE RESCUE!

   Admittedly that call, yesterday morning,
took me by surprise and shocked me as
well.
   The voice seemed familiar, but not quite
recognizable. "Grandpa", the caller
explained, "If I sound strange it's because
I've got a broken nose. I was in an
accident, broke my nose and got a few
stitches."
    My one grandson has been driving for
less than a year and the thought of him
beginning his experiences with a crash
like this was extremely scary!
    It got worse!
    I was told the accident took place because 
he ran a red light while trying to pick up
his cellphone. And.....he was under arrest!
    He was about to put his attorney on the
line with me when I asked if he had told
his brother. "I haven't told anyone" he
said.
    But what about your uncle Phil, I
asked. Didn't you at least let him know?
   "No", he answered.
   I was certain he didn't tell them....because
they don't exist! My grandson has neither a
brother or an uncle Phil!
   At that point the "attorney", sounding
strangely like the caller who was not
holding his nose, got on the line and
asked me how I was related to the "young
man."
    When I asked which young man he was
talking about he quickly pulled a name out
of his hat. Did I know (name with held)?
    I suggested I might know that person
and decided to tape the call so we'd have
a good record for court!
    Guess his cell phone battery must have
gone dead just about then because the call
suddenly ended.
    I was hoping they'd call back. I wanted
to meet this grandson so I could introduce
him to the rest of the family..
    I was also anxious to get a pile of
money together so I could get it to that
"attorney" so he'd be able to defend the
kid. I was even willing to get a police
officer who might be willing to hand
carry the dough to the shyster...I mean
lawyer.
    I don't know how they picked me.
I wonder if it has anything to do with
that bridge I bought recently in
Brooklyn?
    Hope the guy's nose get's better
soon and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment