Sunday, June 14, 2015

Tickets Please.


     Vacation destinations like Wildwood
are very well policed! I know this from
personal experience.
      A couple years ago while on holiday
here I had some problems with the tail lights
in my old Suburban. I was stopped by two
officers who asked if I knew the lights
were out.
     "Oh really" I replied. " I didn't know."
     The young men were very nice and
told me to have the problem fixed as
soon as possible. Three blocks later another
different team of officers puller me over.
Explaining that I had just discussed the
situation with their colleagues they too
set me free.
      My niece's husband fixed the trouble
the next day assuring me of uninterrupted
travel for the rest of the week.
      Yesterday I spotted an officer who
was evidently working alone. I say that
because he was on a bicycle. I'm a
trained observer!
      I say him as he said something to some
folks in a parked car at one of the city's
many parking meters. He seemed excited.
His bicycle even fell to the pavement.
     The next thing I knew the driver of
the car in question made a U turn and
pulled up to a meter on the opposite
side of the street.
      At first I suspected the guy was
parked at a meter that had run out of time.
But if that were the case, how could
pulling up to another meter solve his
problem?
      It was about then I realized the
driver, even though in his car, had
apparently pulled into a Handicapped
space without benefit of a Handicapped
sticker on his vehicle.
      I believe he may have said something
unflattering to the officer which, of
course, guaranteed a Traffic Violation
Ticket!
     Our driver waited till the bike cop
was safely out of sight, then sped down
the street! I wouldn't be surprised if
he encountered some more of Wildwood's
finest a little further along in his travels!
      Hope he's got quarters for the meters
and a little extra for bail.......and that all
your NEWS is good!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment