Friday, July 5, 2019

IT'S GOOD TO HAVE FRIENDS!


   SATURDAY, JULY 6TH., 2019
 IT'S GOOD TO HAVE FRIENDS!

   You can't have enough friends!
   My best friend and I have known
each other since grade school and
still keep in contact even though he
lives in upstate New York.
    When Facebook came along I
began adding to my list of friends.
I had know some from my years
living in Hazleton and many from
my current circle of life.
      I've also accepted hundreds
of Friend requests from people
who indicated they remembered me
from all my years in the media.
     The requests come from all
over proving the "web" truly is
world wide.
      But I am the first to admit
yesterday's "Friend request" really
had me stumped!
       It came from someone who
became my actual friend many
years ago when he was just starting
out in radio and I had already moved
on to television.
      You might remember his name.
L.A. Tarone.
       But here's the thing. L.A. passed
away two years ago!
       Not yet convinced the world wide
web goes beyond that sphere I declined
to accept the request. There was also a
concern I expressed in a FB post that,
were it real, he might be inviting me to
lunch! I'm not yet anxious to leave
for that diner!
       L.A. would be the first to have a
good laugh over this incident. I'm just
sorry to see his good name used,
apparently, by a hacker.
       Hope your friends are all true and
that all your NEWS is good!
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment