Saturday, July 20, 2019

LET THERE BE LIGHT!


     SUNDAY, JULY 21ST., 2019
        LET THERE BE LIGHT!

   My wife and I were headed home the
other evening and waiting for oncoming
traffic to clear so we could make a left
turn. As what appeared to be the last
car passed I almost made that turn.
Fortunately I did not!
    A black sedan sped by and had I
turned it would have been directly into
his path. The car was nearly invisible!
    But here's the thing. It was about
8:33. A few minutes after sundown.
We often refer to it as dusk. The
driver didn't have his lights turned
on.
     Over the past two weeks I have
seen, or almost seen, a number of vehicles
driving at sundown or in rain without
 headlights!
      I can't quite grasp their logic. I
mean if they can't be seen there's a
decent chance they'll wind up with
a dent, or worse!
      Are they under the impression
they're using too much battery power?
      I appreciate those who use their
lights as soon as it begins to get dark.
Low beams that is!
      Hope I can encourage everyone
to light up ….and that all your NEWS
is good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment