Friday, July 19, 2019

SOME LIKE IT HOT!


  SATURDAY, JULY 20TH., 2019
          SOME LIKE IT HOT!

   My wife had a couple medical tests
scheduled for Friday morning. I found
a shady parking place and used my free
time to read the newspaper then call a
few friends I hadn't talked with for
awhile.
    I now have a better idea of what a
lobster feels like after it's been thrown
into the pot! The cooking starts slow!
    The heat sort of crept up on me as
I chatter with one of my buddies on the
cellphone. For once I was just as glad
I had driven my wife's sedan instead
of putting the top down and taking my
Miata. Her car has air conditioning!
     After her appointment we visited a
local restaurant for breakfast then
picked up some local grown corn for
diner.
      While the sun tempted me to fire
up the sports car, common sense had me
fire up our living room air conditioner
instead. We hydrated, and were going to
check on the elderly when we realized
that was us. We were OK, inside!
       Hey, I'm all for summer and summer
time fun. But on Friday I elected to put
myself under house arrest and watched the
scenery go by on Netflix!
        Now I'm asking myself how I survived
the really hot days when I was growing up?
I don't ever remember having a fan in our
house. And if you wanted "air conditioning"
in the car you rolled down the windows. If
you were really lucky you might get the
shotgun seat up front and could direct the
little wing window in your direction.
        Hope you're keeping your cool somehow,
and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment