Sunday, July 21, 2019

RELIEF PITCHING!


     MONDAY, JULY 22ND., 2019
         RELIEF PITCHING!

   I got called in from the Bullpen
yesterday! And I'm hoping my pitches
were effective!
   Our church is awaiting the arrival
of its new pastor and until he arrives
we've been depending on short term
relief preachers.
    Yesterday, however, I got the call
to take the mound. Or, rather, the
pulpit.
      The congregation was very kind.
I had left the doors open in case
anyone wanted to get out quickly.
Everybody stayed.
      Maybe it was the air conditioning
but I'd like to think some of the words
I shared from, or representing, the
"Manager's" playbook had some impact
on those who were listening.
         My bottom line was that our
Manager's office door is always open
and that we can go to him without
any assistance from coaches or other
players. He'll always answer our
pleas though not always immediately
nor with the answer we'd like to hear.
          Hope you're on the team so that
all your NEWS will be good!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment