Sunday, July 7, 2019

UNDER THE TABLE!


   MONDAY, JULY 8TH., 2019
        UNDER THE TABLE!

   No. This is not about a crooked
deal! In fact I'm not even a politician!
    This is all about memories, Sometimes
you ind them in the most unexpected
places!
     On Saturday my wife and I joined
other immediate family members at my
nephew's home in Forty Fort.
      Tony, named after my Dad, and his
wife Laura were hosting their annual
4th of July party (held on the Saturday
closest to the holiday.)
       As the expected rain hit, seems we
get some every year, several of us
retreated to the safety of the Dining
Room. It's a natural sanctuary since
all the deserts are set out there!
      We sat in beautifully high back
chairs around a huge wooden table
one might think could have been
housed in a castle. And it was! Well,
sort of.
      The table and chairs once graced
the dining room of the house in which
I was born and where I spent all my
growing up years.
       As a kid I hid under that table
many times. It was my hide and seek
hideout. Thew ornamental wood
set up in the middle underneath served
as the controls for my imaginary rocket
or pirate ship. It was a safe haven in
most any kind of storm!
        After my Dad passed away the
dining room set found its way to my
brother's house and, ultimately, to
my nephew's family.
          They enjoy it now with, I'm
sure, virtually no thoughts given to
the adventures once acted out under
its impressive frame.
          Hope its magic, seen or not,
remains in the family for generations
and that all your NEWS is good!
         

  

No comments:

Post a Comment