Monday, July 29, 2019

PLAY IT AGAIN SAM!


  TUESDSAY, JULY 30TH., 2018
         PLAY IT AGAIN SAM!

    My title is one of those movie quotes
that, in reality, was never spoken! The
reference was to the song "As Time
Goes By" and, over time, the exact line
spoken by the famous actor Humphrey
Bogart was altered into the one which
is often quoted.
     But forgive me. That's not my
subject anyway.
      Over the years I've been known to
"infect" people by whistling a tune. I
whistle it a couple of times and someone
near by will start humming, or at least
mentally thinking about, the same tune.
They usually say something like, "Now
I can't get that song out of my head."
      Well it's come back to haunt me!
      I'll wake up, or just be sitting
somewhere, and find a tune popping up
in my head!
       There's no rational, that I can think
of, for what song emerges!
        This morning it was "Here is to the
bus driver, the bus driver, the bus driver."
I probably haven't heard that since my last
school field trip. And I've been out of
school forever
       An hour later "Happy Trails" began
to go through my mind.
       Though there's lots of rhyme there
seems to be no reason for the play list.
That said I believe my thoughts of "My
Boomerang Won't Come Back" were
most definitely inspired by my
grandson who was playing with a toy
Boomerang last week.
          Movie themes come up a lot.
I've seen thousands of movies over
the years so I suppose it's almost
natural for me to think of "The
High And The Mighty" or the 20th
Century Fox theme from time to
time.
          Then there's hits and not-so
hits from the early 60's when I was
still a DJ!
          At least I can always count
on hearing music, if only in my
head! So, go ahead, play it again
Sam!
           Hope I've got you thinking
about or humming something about
now, and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment