Thursday, May 21, 2020

A SOUR NOTE!

  FRIDAY, My 22nd., 2020
        A SOUR NOTE!

   Today I must bring sad tidings to
some of my readers. The virus has
claimed another victim! National
Polka Day has been cancelled!
Actually it was a three day event
"The National Polka Festival,"
held annually in Ennis, Texas.
   The virus cancellation doesn't
surprise me. I am a bit surprised
to learn that a polka festival was
being held in Texas where I'd
expect to hear Lonesome Blues
or the Mexican Hat Dance.
     I would have thought
northeastern Pennsylvania
would have been the site for
such a gathering. Bobby Z
used to roll out the barrel on
local TV and Jan Lewan worked
out of Hazleton for years.
     I must admit I've never
been a big polka fan. There are
a couple exceptions. The Pennsylvania
Polka comes to mind and, perhaps,
The Hop Scotch Polka.
     Maybe it's that accordion that
gets to me.
       Anyway the Polka Festival
is out for this year. But thanks
to my grandson, I can bring
you a little Beethoven on my
harmonica.
       It's OK/ My wife is on the porch!
Hope you're well and that all your
NEWS is good.

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment