Sunday, May 10, 2020

MEDIA MEMORIES

  MONDAY, MAY 11TH., 2020
         MEDIA MEMORIES!

   I never imagined the wonderful
response I'd get when I began my
video blogs. I love seeing your
"Likes," reading your comments,
and thinking about your suggestions.
   Several people have asked me to
tell some behind the scenes stories
from my years in the media so I
thought I'd do that from time to
time.
   One of the benefits of working in
radio and tv is, on occasion, to meet
celebrities. That's how I came to meet
Rosie. Not a lead actor but with several
movie roles to her credit. She was
visiting the radio station where I
worked in the early 60's. I didn't get to
do the interview but watched from an
adjoining studio as Rosie, her manager,
the local Drive In Theater Manager,
our station manager, and two DJ's did
it live on the air.
   Now any celebrity can get annoyed
with questions but for a woman, of any
age, to bite  the interviewer is
unacceptable. It was especially
troublesome because Rosie was a huge
Brown Bear!
    The DJ, Frank Murman, had a wound
on his leg and I got to take him to
the hospital and watch the nurses's
expression as I explained the nature
of his injury.
     Guess Rosie just got too cramped
in that tiny studio.
      She when on, as schedule, to appear
at the Drive in that night, though the MC
was super cautious. That was me!
      Hope you're well, and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment