Saturday, May 23, 2020

DIAMONDS AREN'T THIS GIRL'S BEST FRIEND!

               SUNDAY, MAY 24TH., 2020
DIAMONDS AREN'T THIS GIRL'S BEST FRIEND!

  The song suggests "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best
Friend." Guess the writer never met my wife!
  It's her Birthday today and, l like most husbands
I suppose, I always wonder what to get in the way
of a present.
   As it happens my wife is not big on jewelry.
She does like silver rings but she already has
ten so I've run out of fingers!
   Dinner out is, for obvious reasons, out.
I could make dinner for her right bhere at home
but she doesn't like Spam quite as much as I do.
    I thought about a harmonica serenade ..but
thought better about that,
    The only safe bet was to ask her what she
wanted and try to fulfill her wishes.
     So there are several new planted flowers
in the back yard, a new, well pre owned
spreader, and the ultimate Birthday gift,  9 new
 bags of mulch!
     The only carrots in these gifts will have
to come from the garden! Happy Birthday my
love and may all your NEWS, and that of my
readers, be good!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment