Thursday, May 7, 2020

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THAT...


  FRIDAY, MAY 7TH., 2020
WITH FRIENDS LIKE THAT..

  It's nice to have friends. I've got a
lot on Facebook. Maybe a few too
many!
   I've routinely accepted Friend
requests from people claiming to
have watched me on tv or living in
my community.
    Every so often, like yesterday,
I get a brief message from someone
I've just accepted. Usually a simple
"Hi." I give a "Hi" back and they
respond by asking me if I've "heard
the good news"?   Now these "friends"
aren't asking me if I've gone to church.
     They're suggesting that thousands
of dollars can be mine through a
government grant program. All I have
to do is call an agent to get the details.
      I've never taken the bait and, in the
past I've just stopped the messages
cold.
      Lately, however, it occurred to me
that these scammers are using either
individuals or technology, or both to
get their suckers. I figured the more
I tie them up, the fewer people they
tcan hit! So, since I'm stuck at home
anyway, I tie them up with questions
or insisting I got the number wrong
or a busy signal.
       When I tired of the game I stop
messaging and unfriend the individual.
After all, with friends like that, who
needs enemies.
       Hope all your friends are real
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment