Monday, May 18, 2020

THE MUSIC MAN!


 TUESDAY, MAY 19TH.,2020
         THE MUSIC MAN

    Regular readers are well aware
of my fascination with unusual or
bizarre holidays. Most of them are
either unofficial or limited to
individual states or local regions.
     I'm sorry to say that I missed one
yesterday   May 18th was "Buy a Musical
Instrument Day." It was named for
Meredith Willson, writer of the book, music
and play "The Music Man."
     I myself, have never owned too
many musical instruments. There was
a piano in the home where I grew up
but I never learned to play it.
     I did by an inexpensive guitar about
65 years ago. I even took lessons.  About
4 as I recall. I thought I should have
been playing like Dwayne Eddy or
Chet Atkins by then. Instead my
fingers hurt from pressing the strings.
      Then there was my harmonica An
off the shelf model that I began to learn
to play by ear. I though I was fairly
good with at least two songs. But my
wife didn't seem to agree. I thought
I'd play it for you in this blog but I
can't remember where I put it or my
wife hide it.
        Anyway if any of you would
like to make up lost time and celebrate
this holiday I'd suggest you contact my
old friend John Morotto at his music
store in Hazleton.
          While you're there see if he
has any extra harmonicas!  Hope your
day is filled with cheerful song and
that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment