Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Slice Of Heaven!

         FRIDAY, JULY 3RD.

       A SLICE OF HEAVEN!

   What a great combination. Julia
Roberts and pizza! They came
together in the 1988 movie classic
"Mystic Pizza."
    So, when my wife and I found
ourselves visiting the town of
Mystic, Connecticut a few years
back, the pizza shop featured in the
feature was a "must stop" for us!
     I bought my wife a Mystic
Pizza T Shirt, just like the one in
the movie!
     She wears it from time to time.
One of those times was yesterday.
Of course our plans had not
originally included an invitation,
from our daughter and grand
daughter, to join them as they
went out for dinner......for pizza!
      Our waitress at Grotto was
quick to notice the "slice of
Heaven" that walked into the
dining room. I wondered if the
encounter might be a little like
Wyatt Earp walking into the OK
Corral. But she took it quite well.
      My wife volunteered to dawn
a Grotto shirt it one were offered.
Unfortunately the only one
available would have required my
wife to wait on tables. She turned
that down even though the pay is
higher than what she gets from me
for the same service in our home!
      Ironically Grotto did sell hats
or something like that some time
ago. Apparently they weren't big
sellers.
      What they need is there own
movie. Something like "Grotto
Pizza, A Slice Of Sicilian" or
something like that.
       They should talk to Julia.
And, of course, I'm available as
an extra. My wife has suggested
I drop any thoughts of a co-
staring role!
        That's OK. I already have my
Slice Of Heaven. And the shirt still
fits!
         Hope there's oregano and that
all your NEWS is good!





     

No comments:

Post a Comment