Sunday, July 19, 2015

You'll Swing For This!

      MONDAY, JULY 20TH

    YOU'LL SWING FOR THIS!

      Although he's never been convicted,
my son spent the past two days at hard
labor!
      It was suppose to take an estimated
six hours to assemble a wooden swing
and slide set his daughter could enjoy
in the back yard. I don't think a crew
of 6 could have accomplished the job
in 6 hours!
     Whether he realizes it or not, I was
a big help! I stayed completely away
from the construction site! This
decision was based on personal
experience.
     Many years ago I set out to put
together a metal swing set for my own
children. My son included. Eventually
my kids were able to enjoy the equipment.
But my wife was forced to keep them
far away as I took on the "do it yourself"
project. It was the first time my wife
realized I knew any cuss words!
     I pulled them out of some deep,
dark recess of my mind after seeing
that parts that were suppose to fit
together didn't and that my skin was
nowhere near as tough as the hammer
and screw drivers that frequently cut
into me! The rack could not have
offered more torture!
      The instruction sheets looked like
Egyptian hieroglyphics and few of the
parts resembled anything on those
pages! I'm not sure my finished
product did either.
      Somewhere around the house I
still have a box filled with the "extra
parts" I had left over from the job!
I don't "build" or attempt to build
things anymore. That's why God
made construction companies, and
sons!
      Hope my grand daughter "gets
the swing of things"...and that all
your NEWS is good!
(Photos courtesy of my daughter-
in-law Charlotte!)

No comments:

Post a Comment