Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Rembering "Wolfey"

     WEDNESDAY, JULY 1ST

   REMEMBERING "WOLFEY"

   My wife and I went to see a movie
about a dog the other day. "Max", not to
be confused with "Mad Max,"is the
story of a Military dog that ends up
out of a war zone and in someone's
home. Some people have said "Mad
Max" is a dog too!
    I'm not very big on animal stories
although I've enjoyed all the movies
on racehorses "Secretariat", for
instance. I thought that picture was a
good bet!
    We don't own a pet, unless you
count the few fish in my wife's
aquarium. She never takes them for
a walk.
     But I was really interested in
seeing "Max." And I think that's
because of "Wolfey."
     When I was growing up we had
a neighbor a few homes away who
owned a dog who, as the story goes,
had been in the war. In this case
World War II. I only knew her as
Mrs.Clements and, as I heard it,
her son had trained the dog and
she kept it at her home while he was
away on post war FBI duties.
       He was a very large German
Shepard and looked every bit the
military type. His name was
"Wolfey" and it fit!
       Wolfey must have been a
really good guard dog, or whatever,
in the service because nobody got
by his house unnoticed! He had a
bark that would be heard for two
blocks and no one, that I know of,
every got close enough to pet him
if, in fact, anyone was foolish
enough to try.
      I never did, so I still had both
hands to applaud the movie! It
was good.
      The dog in the film was a
hero in many ways and I suspect
Wolfey was as well. Of course
none of us got to know Wolfey
all that well. We did know enough
to respect him!
       Perhaps his bark was far worse
than his bite. I've always been glad
I didn't test the theory!
       Hope your pets are all friendly
and all your NEWS is good!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment