Tuesday, July 28, 2015

On The Comeback Trail??

    WEDNESDAY, JULY 29TH

 ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL?

    I took my grandson to a ball game
last night. We headed out to watch
the Rail Riders play. But I was,
initially, stunned by what I saw!
    We were just seated when
someone walked past me and I
noticed a big number 2, and the
name Jeter on the back of his
jersey.
     I had seen Derek Jeter when
he played while on a rehab
assignment with the Scranton/
Wilkes-Barre team. That was
only two years ago. But he looked
so much older now that he's
retired. Was he on the comeback
trail?
    I glanced around to see where
he was sitting. That's when I saw
his name and number again! Only
now he seemed suddenly taller!
    I turned to tell my grandson
what I had seen. That's when I
saw the name Jeter and the number
2 on the shirt he was wearing.
    Apparently, though he's gone
from the game, he's being
remembered by a lot of baseball
fans!
     And just as I came to my
senses, another "old timer" got a
big round of applause from the
fans who crowded the stadium.
     The Philly Phanatic showed
up to cheer on the Iron Pigs team.
Not too many years ago that team
called our area home and went by
the name The Red Barons! Seems
a lot of the fans have fond memories
of that character too!
     Well, we root, root, rooted for
the home team and they came away
the winner! I think my grandson
and I were winners as well last
night!
     Home you're all..."safe at home"
and that all your NEWS is good!





































No comments:

Post a Comment