Friday, July 10, 2015

Left In The Larch!

     SATURDAY, JULY 11TH

        LEFT IN THE LARCH!

     My wife, grandson, and I spent
part of our Friday at Francis Slocum
State Park. We boys decided some
fishing was in order and, as it happens,
I keep my yacht moored at the lake
there. Well.....OK....it's actually an
8 foot Jon Boat and it's sort of chained
to a pole there along with assorted
boats, canoes, and kayaks.
      It's amazing how much you can
fit into my small vessel. A grandson,
a grandpa, two life vests, two oars,
two tackle boxes, two fishing rods,
one plastic container with about a
half dozen worms, and a live bait
bucket with a dozen medium sized
minnows.
     I should note that a couple of
the worms and minnows lost their
lives during the making of this story.
One of the worms, for instance, fell
victim to a 5-inch crappie that
apparently viewed him as lunch.
     My grandson caught the fish.
It was, in fact, our only catch of
the afternoon.
      I was left in the Larch! No, not
the Lurch. The Larch. It's a species
of trees you'll find throughout
Francis Slocum Park. You'll know
the one I was "left" in. My red and
white fishing bobber is hanging
from one of its lower branches. It's
the biggest tree I ever caught! And
that's no fish story!
      Hope I reeled you in with this
one and that all your NEWS is good!



     
    
       

No comments:

Post a Comment