Tuesday, July 14, 2015

You Never Know Where You're Going!

       WEDNESDAY, JULY 15TH

YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING!        

   There's an old song that sums up much
of my travel extremely well. "You Never
Know Where You're Going Till You Get
There."
    As a kid I would load up in the car
whenever my Dad and Mom were ready
to head out on the road. And true to those
lyrics, I never knew where we were going
till we got there.
    I guess it's in my blood. After our
wedding reception I asked my wife where
she wanted to go. She pointed in what
turned out to be a northerly direction. So
that's the way our Honeymoon began.
    And we're still doing it! Yesterday two
of our closest friends called and asked if
we wanted to head out "somewhere" to
get a bite to eat. We immediately replied
in the affirmative!
    After a brief discussion we decided on
a favorite pizza place. It's in New Jersey.
But, just as we were heading out, another
favorite spot, generally in the opposite
direction came to mind and we headed
south.
     It's nice to know that, currently,
whichever way you choose to go, you'll
probably run into a Penndot construction
project and a traffic tie up. We were not
disappointed in that regard! But after
all three lanes managed to merge into
one we were on our way again.
    We did enjoy a great dinner at our
favorite restaurant La Dolce Casa
in Tamaqua. But, for a few moments,
I thought I was going to be stuck there
indefinitely! After a visit to the restroom
I spotted a sign with read "Employees
Must Wash Hands." I waited for awhile.
But no employees showed up so I decided
to wash my hands myself.
    Then, when most people probably
would have started home, we headed
out in another direction eventually
arriving at Heisler's Cloverleaf Dairy.
There were no cloverleaves to be found.
But, fortunately, there was a great
supply of excellent ice cream! We
helped deplete the stock!
    Who really cares where you're
heading when you end up in places
like those?
     Hope you get just as "lost" one
of these days and that all your NEWS
is good!














No comments:

Post a Comment