Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My Night At The Concert!

      THURSDAY, JULY 30TH.

  MY NIGHT AT THE CONCERT!

    I was a little surprised to get the
invitation to appear, on stage, at the
weekly concert series at Hillside
Park in Lackawanna County.
    Maybe they had heard about my
harmonica? Or, perhaps, someone
had overheard me whistling some
place. I do that a lot.
     I checked the schedule and two
acts, Common Threads Band and
Sassafras, were already on the bill.
     I dusted off the harmonica and
played a few notes of "Ode To Joy."
Then I ran after my wife to assure
her the fire alarm was not going
off!
     When I got to the concert I
learned  I was not actually invited
to preform. (Maybe they spoke
with my wife?)
     Still, it was an honor to be there.
Electric City TV, where I volunteer,
promotes the free weekly concert
series a few weeks before it begins
each summer. The station also gets
a recording of each concert and
plays it numerous times. The
concert folks wanted to give ECTV
a pat on the back so I provided the
back!
     I'm going to start rehearsing now
for next year. Maybe I can come up
with a second song?
     Hope I make the big time and
that all your NEWS is good!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment