Thursday, July 23, 2015

Out At The Ranch!

    FRIDAY, JULY 24TH.

  OUT AT THE RANCH!

     Well as most of you know yesterday,
July 23rd, was National Hot Dog Day!
In honor of the occasion my wife and
I headed out to the Ranch! The Ranch
Wagon that is, in Shavertown.
    It's one of those old classic road
side restaurants that happens to feature
hot dogs and the like. As a matter of
fact the place started in 1955 as a Hot
Dog Stand.
    They still have "Car Hops" there.
For those of you under 50-years-old
a Car Hop is a waiter or waitress that
takes your order from and delivers
your food to....your car.
    We opted to use the Ranch Wagon's
gazebo-like pavilion where the tables
are shaded from the sun.
    I had one initial complaint as my menu
seemed to be blank. My wife flipped it
over and a whole range of tasty choices
suddenly came into view.
     It was truly like the good old days.
My wife even had a milkshake to go
with her hot dog in honor of the day.
     Being a rebel (even without the
flag) I went with another American
classic, a hamburger and fries!
      We know a lot of good restaurants
around and out of the area. But
sometimes you just can't beat a road
side stand the features some of the
basics like hotdogs and milk shakes!
       Hope you celebrated National
Hot Dog day on your travels and
that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment