Thursday, July 9, 2015

My BIG Attraction!

       FRIDAY, JULY 10TH

        My BIG Attraction!

    I took my grandson to the movies
yesterday. We ended up, like thousands
of other people across the country in
the theater showing Jurassic World! It
was his choice.
    The movie has topped the box office
four straight weeks, raking in some
$558 million since it opened! And
remember, this is the forth movie in a
series that began back in 1993!
     So I got to thinking. If these movies
could bring in so much money...how
much could  the "real thing" bring in?
     You see the whole premise revolves
around the theory that scientists took
the DNA from mosquitoes trapped in
amber, a fossilized tree resin, millions
of years ago after they had sucked the
blood out of dinosaurs! They combined
that DNA with modern reptiles and
amphibians and produced new
dinosaurs. Sounds logical....right?
      Then they built a theme park on an
island where people could come and see
the prehistoric beasts!
       So here's the thing. We've got a
couple of neat islands right in the
middle of the Susquehanna River
around the Wilkes-Barre area. We
could have a park, or parks, right on
those islands where we could have
our own Jurassic Park! 
      Now you're saying we'd need
a mosquito trapped in a piece of
amber.
      Well guess what? I just happen
to have one of those! It was given to
me a whole lot of years ago by Jan
Lewan (Lewandowski), the musician,
who had a gift shop in Hazleton. He
featured all kinds of items from his
native Poland where, as it happens,
there's lots of amber!
     All I need is one of you
scientists out there to get the DNA
out. I'm sure we can find a frog
somewhere. Maybe on one of those
islands!
     This could be my ticket to
success. Unless, of course, my
dinosaur ends up like the ones in
all those movies, eating the
customers. But, in that case, we'll
just make another movie!
     I can see it all now! It's as clear
as amber!
     Hope you'll come see my T Rex
when it's ready, and that all your
NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment