Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ride Watcher!


   We spent a good part of Saturday
with family members at Knoebels
Amusement Park. My daughter-in-
law's company sponsored a day at
the park for employees and their
families, complete with a picnic
lunch, a prize drawing, and ride
tickets for the kids.
    Technically, the ride tickets
were for anyone in the family. But
I have officially become a "Ride
Watcher" as opposed to a "Ride
Rider."
    There are several reasons for
this decision and a bit of rationalizing
as well.
    First, with regard to the rides on
which I'd feel safe, it might look a
bit strange to be sitting with three
and four year old children.
    There are many other rides
available. But I'm come to realize
that either common sense or fear
makes me a far better watcher then
rider! I still use the excuse that I
stand taller than the measurement
on the sign reading...."You must
be this tall to ride this ride."
     I saw another sign that, at first,
surprised me. It is posted at the
giant Ferris Wheel. Apparently
only married couples are allowed
to ride! The sign reads..."No single
riders allowed on giant wheel."
    My daughter-in-law didn't
ride either. She's due to deliver
my newest grandson very soon.
We didn't want a situation where
she'd need only one ticket to get
on a ride but a second to get off!
    I will admit to boarding one
ride yesterday. Just before we left
for the day I joined the family on
the train ride. I thought I handled
that pretty well. Guess that proves
I'm not a wimp!
     Hope the rest of you enjoy the
coasters and that all your NEWS
is good!



   


No comments:

Post a Comment