Saturday, August 8, 2015

All Washed Up!

   SUNDAY, AUGUST 9TH.

      ALL WASHED UP!

   They descended on my car
the moment I drove up! They
looked like a heard of teenage
girls flocking to the side of a
rock star in search of his
autograph! I got my pen ready...
just in case!
    I hadn't seen this many since
the day I did a record hop at the
old White Haven High School.
That was about 53 years ago!
    After all those years I thought
I was all washed up. Not true!
Although....I was about to be!
     You see the girls were all
members of the Holly Redeemer
Volleyball Team and I had
driven up to their fund raising
car wash!
     My Grand daughter is on
the squad so we showed up to
support her. And the team. And
to get our car washed! I figured
it would be good to support her
and the team. Besides, my car
hadn't been washed in months!
     It worked out pretty well.
They made some money and I
got my car cleaned. I even
remembered to roll the windows
up!
     Now I've got to work on
getting it dirty again. Another
grand daughter has a car wash
scheduled for her Soccer team
in a couple weeks!
      Hope it doesn't rain now and
that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment