Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Down On The Farm!

   THURSDAY, AUGUST 13TH

      DOWN ON THE FARM!

    I decided to wait in the car while
my wife stopped at a local Farmer's
Market yesterday. As I gazed at all
the green "stuff" growing just feet
away from my parking spot I
wondered if I had made the right
decision.
    I figured I see things like peas
and tomatoes all over the place.
But the plots right in front of me
were identified as Ornamental
Kale, Green Ornamental Sweet
Potato Vines, and another strange
plant marked as Nicotiana or
"Flowering Tobacco."
    Not being a green thumb guy
I wondered if that last plant was
used to grow cigarettes?!
     None of them sounded like
something I'd want to find in
my salad. Especially that
Nicotiana stuff!
      And if they were flowers, I
think I'd prefer to stick with
things like roses or daisies.
      My wife returned with two
bags and I was relieved to find
both filled with.......corn!!!!!!!
       Hope she never finds that
other stuff,,,,,and that all your
NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment