Saturday, August 15, 2015

Who's On First?

        SUNDAY, AUGUST 16TH.

            WHO'S ON FIRST?

       This is no Abbott and
Costello routine. It's a serious
challenge that just sounds as
confusing as anything that old
comedy team could have come
up with!
       My wife and I got our Fall
schedules last week. I know. We're
both retired and retired people don't
have any schedules. Right?
     Well, technically they're not our
schedules. They are our grandkids
sports schedules for their upcoming
seasons. But, as everyone knows, where
kids make up the teams, grandparents
usually make up a fair number of the
spectators!
      This year we're got one grandson
playing football, one grandson playing
soccer, one grand daughter playing
soccer, one grand daughter playing
volleyball, and one grand daughter
on a cheer leading squad as well as
doing dance recitals!
       Of course none of the fields or
performance venues are close to
one another!
       That would be spreading us
grandparents pretty thin even if none
of the activity dates conflicted with
one another. As you might suspect,
several do!
        So we now face the age old
problem of how to be at two places
at the same time. The little I recall
of my High School science classes
tells me that can't be done.
        We'll have to be guided by
Abbott & Costello to address our
dilemma and try to answer our
questions.
        WHO will we see first? WHAT
sport will be second? I DON'T KNOW
how it will work out. I'm just glad
my two-week-old grandson isn't
signed up for anything..........yet!
          Hope I don't get any of the
sports mixed up an that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment