Monday, August 10, 2015

Speaking In Subtitles

        TUESDAY, AUGUST 11TH.

        SPEAKING IN SUBTITLES

      I heard some good news yesterday!
The film in which I play a small part,
"All In Time," has been selected to be
shown at the International Film Festival
in Milan, Italy this November!
       It's been well received at a number
of prestigious festivals in New York and
California and took three awards at its
Pennsylvania Premier in New Hope just
a week ago.
      Now it's headed for Italy. And that
raises a question in my mind! Will
somebody be dubbing our lines into
Italian? Or will Italian subtitles appear
on the screen while the movie rolls on?
      Maybe we'll all be asked to redo our
dialog in Italian? I took two years of
Italian in High School. My teacher
allowed me to sit in the first seat up
front of the classroom. That was so I
could leave as quickly as possible.
Mama Mia!
      I did learn a couple of words here
and there. But not enough to cover my
four lines in the movie.
      Subtitles would probably work. My
remarks have already been written in
Japanese for a special report on the
status of American media. A film crew
from Japan interviewed me shortly after
the bosses at WBRE ended WYOU's
independent newscasts in 2009.
      I don't think I'll make it to the
festival in Italy. But there's probably still
a few DeCosmos over there and maybe
some of them will see it!
     Hope it's UN successone!
                   (A very big hit!)
and that all your NEWS is good!



       

No comments:

Post a Comment