Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Something Fishy Here!

   THURSDAY, AUGUST 27TH.
 
    SOMETHING FISHY HERE

      Some of the family got together
yesterday to spend some time at
Francis Slocum State Park.
       My yacht is moored there so
my grandson and I decided to do a
bit of fishing. We picked up some
live bait, aka worms, got on board
and fired up both engines, aka oars,
and sailed out onto the lake.
      Our favorite spot is clearly
marked. I left a yellow and red
bobber hanging from the tree I caught
on our last outing.
       I've been trying to teach my
grandson how to fish. You know the
old saying about teaching a man to fish
and he'll eat forever. I must be doing
a fairly good job because he's hooked
a fish on both our expeditions to this
lake.
       Now I've got to find out exactly what
it is he's learned because I haven't caught
a thing! It's my boat, my rods, my hooks,
and we're both using the same worms. So
why does he get all the fish?
       I took my grand daughter on board a
little later. I don't think I have to worry
about het out fishing me. She's all girl
and made it clear she doesn't like worms!
        But whether we're fishing or just
cruising at least I know I'm always
welcome......as long as I can row!
        Hope the Fish Market is still open
and that all your NEWS is good!


















No comments:

Post a Comment