Thursday, August 13, 2015

Botched Bocce Ball !

     FRIDAY, AUGUST 14TH.

    BOTCHED BOCCE BALL!

   In April I survived a two week
visit with my wife, one of her sisters,
and one of her brothers.
   Yesterday I was put to a much
tougher test as I was in the company
of 6 of the Williams siblings at the
same time!
    We gathered at the lovely home
of one of my sister-in-laws in the
beautiful state of New Jersey.
     There were plenty of family
stories to be told of the days when
these 6 and 2 others now far away
in Florida all lived under the same
roof. Some remembered the tales.
Some either didn't or choose not to.
     In the midst of the memories
came a delicious meal.
     There was chicken, wine, cheese,
wine, corn, wine, watermelon, cake
and, of course, wine!
      Somewhere during the day the
mini reunion turned into a Bocce
Ball competition. It was not your
typical game!
       The lawn in my sister-in-law's
back yard must have been imported
from Pennsylvania. It has more pot
holes and hills than a typical alley
in Wilkes-Barre.
       Balls rolled to the right, bounced,
or changed direction faster than a
trucker who just found out there was
a weight station just ahead!
       Then I realized........it wasn't
just the tilted lawn throwing the balls
off course. I think it's trajectory was
slightly influenced by that stuff in
between the chicken, the cheese, the
corn, and the cake! The last photo
says it all!
       Hope they remember yesterday
today....and that all your NEWS is
good!




No comments:

Post a Comment