Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Night In The Hospital!

       SUNDAY, AUGUST 2ND.

   MY NIGHT IN THE HOSPITAL!

     A funny thing happened just after
my wife and I returned from the New
Hope Film Festival. My son called to
tell us my daughter-in-law had gone
into labor!
      He immediately set out to take
her to the hospital. I can't understand
why this has been such a common
occurrence!
      I was born at home and was
perfectly content to start life out right
in my own house! Heck, my Dad even
had comfortable familiar furniture in
which he could wait out my delivery!
      Anyhow, my wife and I like
to be in the waiting room when our
grandkid's decide to get born so we
headed to the hospital too.
       We arrived at the hospital at about
11:30 Saturday night. I'm thinking that
the waiting room may also double as a
meat locker for hospital workers. The
air temperature seemed to have been
set with Antarctica in mind.
      After a long trip and given the hour
it seemed wise to get a little sleep while
we waited. We were then faced with a
serious decision. Did we keep our coats
on as protection against the cold or use
them as pillows?
       I choose the pillow option. Ever
try to fold a coat or jacket over the
armrest of a chair so that it resembles
something soft? Sorry Charlie.
       Then there was the soda machine.
It willingly accepted my dollar bills.
But it rejected my quarters. Unfortunately
the soft drinks were a dollar fifty! After
several tries it finally realized my coins
were good too and released my
beverage.
        As it turned out, it was well worth
the chill and the wait. Around 9:30 this
morning Anthony David DeCosmo
entered this world and all of its
wonders to begin his life among us!
Welcome to the world and our family
my dear Grandson! May all your NEWS
be good!!!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment