Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Soccer Team Cleans Up!

      SUNDAY, AUGUST 23RD.

THE SOCCER TEAM CLEANS UP!

    My grand daughter's girl's soccer
team really cleaned up yesterday. You
might think that means they won their
game "big time." But they haven't
even started their season yet!
    No, this "clean up" was a fund
raising car wash.
    A local garage operator in Wyoming
Borough lends out his property and
water supply to support the team while
the players bring the soap, hoses, sponges,
and muscle power needed to get the job
done.
    Since my Miata hasn't had a decent
scrubbing for a month or so and, since
I had no desire to do said scrubbing
myself, I drove it in to get cleaned up.
     I put the top up and sat inside
during the process so I could inspect
their work and check for leaks at the
same time. I'm happy to report they
did a good job and I did not get wet!
     I like fund raisers like this. It's
great to buy candy, and I love to eat
it. But when the kids put themselves
into a project it means a lot more to
them and you!
      Some of the girls may have
wondered why I took my vehicle
to a car wash after all their work.
Truth is, they did such a good job I
decided to top it off with a coat of
wax spray!
      Hope they do it again before I
have to think about it...and that all
your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment