Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Neighborly Hillbillies!

        FRIDAY, AUGUST 7TH.

 THE NEIGHBORLY HILLBILLIES!

    Yesterday was suppose to be an
easy going day. My wife had her
hair appointment and I went along
as my brother-in-law took his car
in for an oil change.
     The afternoon was suppose to
be easy. It wasn't.
     One of my neighbors just
switched his home heating system
leaving him with a tank filled with
kerosene that's paid for but unusable
at his place. He graciously offered
the supply to us. There was, of
course, on condition. We had to
get it from his tank into ours!
     I got the feeling everyone in
the hardware store was watching me
and their cars after  I bought the
Syphon hose. But I immediately
brought it home for our project.
     We quickly learned that the
fuel in his tank was a mixture of
kerosene and a dirty sediment that
seems to have been settling there
for the past few years
      Like Old McDonald with his
cow I sat there holding the hose
as it filled the bucket destined for
my tank. Meanwhile my brother-
in-law worked the pump as if he
were trying to fill about a hundred
bicycle tires with air.
      Eventually my tank was near
filled so we recruited another
neighbor anxious to add some of
the surplus fuel to his tank.
       We may not have discovered
bubblin' crude like Jed Clampett.
But our tanks are filled in
anticipation of the eventual change
of seasons!
        Hope we don't need it too
soon and that all your NEWS is
good!



No comments:

Post a Comment